Thee Bird. Pty Ltd ABN 23 641 105 900, its subsidiaries and affiliates in Australia (together as “Thee Bird”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and managing your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) established under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Broadly speaking, when we are referring to personal information, we are referring to information or an opinion about you, or information that is reasonably recognisable as you. This may include information or an opinion about you that may or may not be accurate, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a hardcopy form or not.
Thee Bird is Australian based and offers a range of services in the retail and clothing industry. Thee Bird offers a range of products such as clothing for babies and children, wraps and swaddles, nursery items, and associated Manchester goods.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect personal information that is necessary for, or related to, conducting our business, assessing, and managing our customers and business needs or for one or more of our functions or activities.
The types of information that we collect will vary depending on the circumstances of collection and the kind of service that you request from us, and may likely include:
- Contact Information & Personal Data: your name, billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number.
- Financial Details: your financial details and occupation, which may include budget information, wages/salary information, and general expenditure.
- Cookies & Other Device Information: your session cookies and persistent cookies when you visit our website, your device type, browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address, your URL information, the date and time (including time zone) of your visit, the pages you have accessed on our websites and third party websites, your software and hardware information concerning your mobile device or computer. Cookies that we place may be removed by following instructions that are provided by your browser.
- Interaction & Behavioural Information: your interactions, use, habits, behaviours when dealing with us, our website and other applications.
- Employment Information: if you apply for employment with us, then your previous employment history, memberships or affiliations with associations, education history, details of your next of kin and referee details.
- Other Information: any other administrative and additional information that you provide to us or authorise us to collect.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you in many different ways. For example, we may collect your personal information through our website or mobile sites, when you visit one of our offices or venues when you contact us or visit one of our social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram). We may receive information about you that we have taken no active step to collect. If this occurs, then we may keep records of this information or choose to destroy or de-identify the information.
There are other ways in which we are likely to collect personal information, and these may include:
- enquiring with us or signing up to our mailing list or marketing material.
- if we take a photograph, video or other audio-visual recordings of you.
- by entering into a competition or promotional event or activity.
- by submitting feedback or participating in a survey, market research or other promotional activity that we (or an agent of ours) conducts.
- through submitting any enquiry or application for employment.
We may collect personal information about you from other sources, and these may include:
- an authorised person acting on your behalf.
- our affiliated and related companies.
- third-party agents, suppliers and contractors who assist us in operating our business.
- recruitment service providers and any referees provided on employment applications.
- payment and debit service providers processing and managing the transaction on our behalf.
You can always decline to give us your personal information, but that may mean that we cannot provide you with some or all of the products and services you have requested.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
The purposes for which we collect and use your personal information depends on the nature of your interaction with us but may include the following circumstances:
- responding to requests for information, feedback and other general enquiries;
- communicating with you and confirming your identity;
- providing you with our services or the purpose requested;
- processing your purchases, orders, transactions or sales, including the processing of payments, arranging shipping and providing you with tax invoices or order confirmations;
- informing you about our business and service offerings, news, updates, direct marketing material and event invitations (including through our social media platforms for our convenience);
- for data and marketing research and developing and improving our product and service offering;
- processing our recruitment and employment processes (including for volunteers, internships and work experience);
- administering activities, events, contests or promotions;
- for any other purposes (including secondary purposes) that you would reasonably expect; and
- to enable us to comply with our obligations under the law.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
During the conduct of our business, we may disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances, including to the following parties:
- our affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities;
- our engaged contractors, agents, suppliers who provide or perform different products and services for us;
- commercial partners under an agreed information sharing arrangement;
- payment and debit service providers and processors;
- third party website service providers and website plugin or widget service providers;
- our third-party e-commerce platform service providers engaged in offering our range of products and services to you for purchase;
- our professional advisors, such as our lawyers, accountants and financial advisers;
- the relevant courts, tribunals or regulatory authorities and law enforcement bodies;
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose your information or that would be reasonably expected; and
- any other company or individual that it is necessary to disclose your personal information to enable us to provide you with the products or services that you have requested.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers and clients use our platforms, products and services. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information via https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You may also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS?
Your personal information may be transferred abroad or stored overseas for a variety of reasons. It is not possible to identify each country to which your personal information may be sent. If your personal information is sent to a recipient in a country with data protection laws which are at least substantially similar to the APPs, and where there are mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law, we will not be liable for a breach of the APPs if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction. If your personal information is transferred to a jurisdiction which does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia's, we will take reasonable steps to secure a contractual commitment from the recipient to handle your information following the APPs.
PROTECTION, STORAGE AND HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Thee Bird takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, we maintain computer and network security, i.e. we use firewalls (security measures for the internet) and other security systems such as identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.
With that in mind, there is no method of transmission over the internet or through electronic storage through our engaged providers that is fully secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorised access, use, or disclosure of your personal information, then we will notify you electronically, in writing or by telephone (if required and permitted to do so by law).
Our websites do not necessarily use encryption or other technologies to ensure the secure transmission of information via the internet. Anyone using our website is encouraged to exercise care in sending Personal Information via the internet.
We hold and store your personal information in any of the following ways:
- electronic record keeping methods; and
- trusted third party storage providers based in Australia and overseas, including cloud-based storage providers.
Your personal information is generally usually collected in electronic form for use or storage with the third-party storage provider that we engage.
Your personal information is generally usually collected in electronic form for use or storage with the third-party storage provider that we engage.
THE CHOICES THAT YOU CAN MAKE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request your Personal Information to:
- be destroyed; or
- be de-identified; or
- be accessed; or
- be provided to you as a copy,
at any time by request to our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below. We may not be able to entertain your request if it is unlawful to do so or is otherwise impractical or unreasonable to do so. We provide more information below:
Deleting your personal information
Your personal information is kept in our records until you request us to delete this information or as long as necessary to provide our products and services to you and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations or settling disputes. This means that your personal information can be held for some time.
Remaining Anonymous & De-Identification
We require you to provide specific details and information to provide our products and services to you. We provide everyone with the opportunity of staying anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not possible for us to deal with you anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect your personal information, you may not be able to utilise the products or services, participate in our events, programs or activities we manage or deliver.
Accessing or correcting your personal information?
You can access or request a copy of your Personal Information held by us by sending us a request. You will not be charged for requests to access your Personal Information, but you may be charged for the reasonable time and expense incurred in compiling information in response to your request.
On occasions, we may decline your request to access or correct your Personal Information in accordance with the APPs. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of a request for correction, we will include a statement with your Personal Information about the requested correction.
Updating your personal information
You are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information with us is accurate and updated regularly. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You can help us to do this by letting us know if you notice errors, inaccuracies or discrepancies in the information we hold about you and letting us know if your details change.
Direct Marketing Material
We may use or disclose your personal information to inform you about our services, upcoming promotions and events, or other opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing material from us, then we may still contact you concerning our ongoing relationship with you.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION - GDPR COMPLIANCE
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation and is effective as of 25 May 2018. GDPR replaces national privacy and security laws that previously existed within the European Union (the EU) with a single, comprehensive EU-wide law that governs the use, sharing, transferring and processing of any personal data that originates from the EU.
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Where this is the case, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
Complaint handling process:
The Privacy Officer will first consider your complaint to determine whether there are simple or immediate steps which can be taken to resolve the complaint. We will contact you within thirty (30) days of the date we receive the written details of your complaint to acknowledge that we have received it. We may ask you to provide further information about your complaint and the outcome you are seeking.
Our Privacy Officer will review of the way we dealt with your Personal Information, conduct an internal investigation (if necessary) into the complaint and will respond to you within thirty (3) days of the date we acknowledged receipt of your complaint. If the matter is complicated or our investigation may take longer, we will let you know.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Telephone: 1300 363 992.
OAIC email address: email@example.com
OAIC complaints page: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
Third party links
Our website may include links to websites operated by third parties. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any comment about linked websites.
Your consent by using our website
By tagging @theebird or using the hashtag #theebird on social media, you grant us permission to post, download, edit, reproduce and/or re-use the image(s) or video(s) for any purpose as Thee Bird determines, and you warrant that you have full legal ownership of the image(s), video(s) or text and that these items do not breach or infringe the intellectual property rights of any third parties.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at the following:
Attention: Privacy Officer